Friday, October 27, 2006

Recap...

This is not going to be nearly as long as it should be, because my last week has been quite insane, but here goes. I did write a 3000+ word review of the festival which will be up on JamBase next week, so I'll post it when it does. I'll also post links to my picture page and my friend Dominique's, so one can get a 'feel' of some sorts as to the beauty of Iceland.

Firstly, I will be back next year, if all is well. One cannot predict tomorrow, let alone next year. I met some life-long friends, had a blast and see no reason not to return. Iceland is just such a breathtakingly unique place; one that will be visited countless times in the future, if all is well.

While most of the weekend was spent seeing music and floating around Reykjavik, I did get outside the city twice; once to the famous Blue Lagoon hot spring/spa and the other to the Golden Circle, a triage of tourist spots that famously dot Reykjavik's surrounding areas. The three include the site of the world's first parliament, a geyser and a crazy-ass waterfall. Everything was larger than life.

I saw the Northern Lights as well, as I had proclaimed last week. There were so many moment I truly felt refreshed, invigorated, exceptionally creative and at the top of the world. It was cathartic. I believe somewhere in the glaciers of the country, Alli is having the time of her afterlife. She would have loved it.

Band wise, the festival was top-notch, both locally and internationally. We saw music from 5PM - 3AM straight each day, really only stopping for dinner. I was sick the entire week, and I couldn't care less. I partied till the sun came up, because that is what you do in Reykjavik on weekend. Their was still a queue at 7AM when I left a bar once. It was surreal. truly surreal.

Now I am in London, and London has been lovely. I spent a day fiddling about with my friend Shirin, saw some shows (Panic at the Disco and Shady Bard), spent some time with my brother and friends Eamon, Brady and Jerry and got a lot of work done... Meetings, Meetings, Meetings...

Now I am leading three simultaneous lives (music, writing and school - importance in reverse order with the latter two equal), busy as a beaver and generally happy. The worst summer of my life has at least pushed some karma towards a brighter fall. The weather isnt horrible either.

Dominique's Pics
My Pics

No comments: