Friday, October 20, 2006

Hangover Morning,

I didn't drink a sip last night and I feel hungover. My lips are chapped because of the cold (walked home in about -20 windchill last night), too.

Yesterday was something else. I started the day walking around Reykjavik, taking pictures. I got a bunch of lovely ones, and they are stored HERE. That link is to my photo album. Then I went to see some music, starting at the 12 Tonar Music Store for Hot Club de Paris. Then after meeting some folks and hitting up an industry show, went for a not-horribly expensive dinner and then saw a bunch of music, including Mates of State, Tilly and the Wall, Hot Club de Paris, The Klaxons and a fantastic set from Metric. Ended the night checking out Germans' The Whitest Boy Alive and back to the press-only bar for some drinks. My cold finally caught up to me at 2:30AM and home I went. Thankfully this town is so small you can walk from one end to another in 20 minutes... It sure was windy, and unfortunately there were no Northern Lights, but I have a few more tries for that.

Today is up in the air and tomorrow I'm going to the Blue Lagoon. I'm seeing Islands, Wolf Parade and som Icelandic bands tonite.

No comments: