I just found that my classmate and good friend Scott Lauriston died suddenly in Toronto on Tuesday night. He was 28. I feel sick... utterly sick. RIP Scott. You will be missed my friend... I'll never forget ya you sarcastic bastard.
I wanted to share a story about Scott, even if no one reads this blog anyways. I remember sitting with my thesis partner, Shaun Tucker in the lab at 3A or some ungodly time, struggling over some bitchy code that we couldn't figure out. I remember Scott walking in and just hanging out with us for a bit, joking about this and that before he went to the back of the lab to work. We then decided to get pizza and we asked Scott if he wanted, but in his true Italian sense, he said 'what the fuck, no meat on pizza? What are you, lesbians?' I had a good chuckle. Scott had a bit of a raunchy sense of humour, but he was always there for ya when you needed it, whether it was to insult his leather motorcycle jacket or just shoot the shit. I remember him saying he was planning on going to law school... I guess life is one big delay of the inevitable, but his delay was way too short.

Scott Lauriston's Obituary
1 comment:
I am Scott Lauriston's mom, Jeanine. I have read with interest and humour your memory of Scott.So many of his classmates wrote of knowing and caring for Scott as a friend. It is comforting to know he had such a wide array of aquaintances, of whom's lives he touched. If you have any correspondance from his friends I would love to read them. Yes, leave the swear words in, Scott would not like them edited. Take care and thank you for this neat blog thing you started. J
Post a Comment