Thursday, October 18, 2007

Iceland Post Two:

I hurt my leg. Yup. And in true Shain fashion, I have no idea how I did it. I even stretched yesterday. I had to walk to the Nordic House for a conference, quite a bit of a walk, and I turned on my ankle because I was busier watching the ducks than myself. Now I'm in a considerable amount of pain and have a nice limp. Fun. Last year in Iceland I had a cold. There's sod's law for you.

Our flat is turning into the 'meeting' or 'party' flat. Last night we had 15 people here from 1AM -> 3AM. We also had people who locked themselves out of their flat staying. It was a party, to say the least. We're actually polishing off a lot of the booze we brought, and we brought a lot of booze. It's also warmed up considerably. it's raining today. I just went to a thermal pool with Matt. It's just a community centre with a volcanic hot pool on the patio outside. You get all dolled up in a swimsuit and head out in -1 weather only to find yourself in an eggy smelling hot-tub. It's much better than it sounds. My leg does feel better.

I have a lot of work to do today, so thankfully it is raining. I have a conference later, plus articles to write and emails to send.. Lots to do. I could also use a shave. Lots of bands are playing tonite, which is muchly anticipated because all the bands were rubbish last night. I saw 'Solid Gold' and 'Lights on a Highway' and both were garbage. Absolute garbage. Just went to a pub with fellow DiS'ers instead and drank expensive beer whilst talking to a girl named Osk. Awesome indeed.

Off to update the DiS blog. Check it out Here

No comments: