Iceland!!!
It is colder than a witches' teet. Really, it wasn't this cold last year in Iceland. It is easily -10 or -15 celcius when the wind comes off the glaciers and hits you. It is insanely cold this time. Still, it is absolutely gorgeous. I love this country. I'm so happy to be back, and this time I know when I'm going and I know my way around the city.
We arrived yesterday and spent much of the day mulling about, drinking coffee, the occasional beer and getting sorted. I rented a three bed flat for us (6 people) and we have a full kitchen, so we hit up the grocer and spent some cash stocking up. We had a fantastic meal last night surrounding by friends Icelandic and Expat (I made poached whitefish in rum with roastic garlic and lemony rice for them an a caramalized omelette for me) and then went to a famous pub, Sirkus, for drinks with the editor of Grapevine, a magazine I'm beginning to work with (Iceland's English mag) and a few others friends.
We have rented a car today and are headed off to see the golden circle. I'll be back tonite to do some work and then enjoy another meal. We're also heading off to our friend Anna's summer home for waffles, rhubarb jam and hot chocolate, as well as a traditional Icelandic swim in a frozen lake. Shall be lovely.
I need to be here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment