Saturday, September 09, 2006

Weekends...

Well, this is my 70th post. That's quite a few for me. I hope people are reading :). This is the easiest way to find out how life is in Amsterdam! Or you can call me :)

Anyway, my last post was fairly negative, and all that has reversed itself and worked itself out. Surprisingly or not, the past few days have been lovely. Absolutely lovely. I sorted out some extremely important immigration paperwork yesterday, went to an amazing dinner party hosted by my University where I met loads of people and have genuinely been happy. It's been sunny the past few days - including today - and despite an insane workload, I'm content. Really content.

There is not much to report on. I had a lovely conversation with the head of my program, who used to teach a Canadian Literature Class at Vrije Universteit, the other Uni in Amsterdam. We harked on about Atwood and Highway, which was lovely. This place is so intellectually stimulating. I feel free, wonderful, challenged, pressured and most importantly, happy. I think Alli has something to do with this.

No comments: