Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Hi,

Well, lots of good news and bad news lately. I'll start with the bad news.

My computer crashed again. I think the back light died, as I can plug it into another monitor and it works fine. I took it to another place for fixing, and if all is well, I should have my external HD and computer up and running by Friday. I put myself on the waiting list for a new MAC, but I'm going to wait till I can afford a PowerBook Pro before I buy a new computer.

Good news, I finalized my trip to ICELAND! I received a press ticket to the festival and am in the process of booking all my travel plans. This means I'll be in London also for the a period of time in October, in addition to Reykjavik. The festival website is located HERE, so check it out.

Life has been busy. I wish I had time to see some of the wonderful friends I've made, but I've been swamped. The readings are piling up, the dutch homework takes tons of time (but it's helping) and the assignments are beginning. School is still absolutely enthralling, so I'm not complaining. I just had a class on Michel Serres, a philosopher new to me but whom I now admire. I recommend him to anyone interested in growing as an intellect page by page. He has been de-legitimized in academia apprantely, but I don't care... I loved it.

My bike is back up and running, and I also booked a trip to Geneva in December to see Eamon, Farhad and Meghan. On top of that, my dad is taking me on a Cruise December 22-29, so I will be HOME for NYE. Make plans.

No more real news... thinking... thinking... I still have yet to get a Sofi nummer, the social insurance or security number here, but that should happen within the next few weeks... I'm genuinely happy though, and I think Alli's spirit has a lot to do with that...

Best-

No comments: