I bet if 100 westerners were put in a room, 96 of them would be complete idiots. Sometimes, the sheer idiocy of humanity, like today, a women did not know how to put her seatbelt on in the airplane - at least that is how I saw it - seriously, and she wasn't developmentally challenged or had an excuse. She was just plainly stupid. Really, while Mike Judge's Idiocracy was a horrible movie, it made a good point. Stupid people are scarier than Bird Flu, a much stronger epidemic and are procreating at the rate accustomed to Guinea Pigs.
Maybe I am impatient, or not pragmatic enough to understand their side of the story, or maybe, just maybe, I am smarter then them, and sad because of it. Traveling really opens your eyes to the beauties in the world, but also its ugly side. You cannot have one without the other. I guess this blog entry is worth a good Waldorf and Statler quote; "They aren't half bad; Nope, they are ALL BAD..."

On another note, I am back from Vienna. My plane was delayed three hours, which makes me hate SkyEurope even more, but the airport in Vienna had free internet access - what a concept - and a Starbucks with available plugs, so I was content. Still, people are idiots. I guess that goes without saying, but I am still saying it.
No comments:
Post a Comment