Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Big Update,

Firstly, read my G! Festival Review - HERE

I am http://www.blogger.com/img/gl.link.gifso busy at work right now so I don't gave much time to update this, but I owe the blog and whomever reads it a good solid update, especially because I have to talk about Faeroes. Well, here goes.

The Faeroes are amazing. Imagine a place where every view, every vantage point is postcard worthy. Giant green treeless hills, peering in and out of bright blue fjords and houses with turfed roofs. I thought when I got there that little green people with webbed feet would live there, but nope, normal people did. Except they were all tall and gorgeous and blond. The festival was in this town called Gota, population 980, and pretty much the main street was converted in the festival grounds. We had to take a bus from the airport for 90 minutes cause it was on a different island, and the whole experience of travelling throughout this country was truly surreal. It was empty. There are 18 islands and 47,000 people, of 19,000 live in the capital, a pretty little town called Torshavn. So we made it to the festival round 6PM. We stayed at this guy's house named Jeffrey. He has heated floors in his bathroom and a bunch of big screen TVs. We had our own cots, had free reign on his food and beer and got to chill with his family, who was wonderful.

I was a plainly odd but amazing festival experience. Firstly everyone we met was fanastic, and I made some really good friends I could see as being lifelong, including Ben, Nettie, Lucy and Will. The music was good, but there was constant, constant drinking and just gorgeous views. It also rarely got dark, only for about 45 minutes, so we were all disoriented and hungover for about three days. I do have too much work to do, so here are some pictures.








No comments: