Thursday, July 05, 2007

Off To Austria...

I have quite the schedule this summer... If all goes well, I will be hitting up 5 big music festivals across Europe, and then returning home for a CD Release Tour. My schedule is a bit crazy, but I will get to go back to London for a few days to see my brother, and Phil, my brother-in-law, will be there as well as our schedules will overlap. My close friend Dave is coming at the end of August, and I will be going to a close friend's wedding in Deep River, ON at the end of August as well. Gonna be busy. As its looking, I'll be in Austria, Spain, Belgium, Germany, Holland (of course), UK, Switzerland and The Faroe Islands, before returning to Canada and the US at the end of the summer. My thesis is doomed. I hope Mireille, my adviser, isn't reading this.

This is mostly because of DrownedinSound, whom I am working with as much as I can. Great bunch of cats over there. We just eclipsed 300,000 hits a week, so we are the biggest independent music website in Europe. How's say?

So, what to chat about in my non-sensical world, which isn't a word by the way, but whatever. Well, I'm glad as a poet on payday that I am leaving the weather here. It has rained EVERY SINGLE DAY since I got back home, and that was June 13. Everyday is a mized bag, bipolar, as in some moments it pours and others it is sunny. My last two baseball games and one training have been rained out. I wonder why I play when my field is below sea level, so half the time it is under water. We still in second place, and I wish my lads more than well in the month I'm away. I'm sure they will kick ass, as I do bat 9th and play right field. I'm replaceable.

Other news in the world of Shain... well, our album is being released on AUG 21 and a tour is in the works. We'll have copies before Aug 1. I am fucking excited for this. No matter what happens, K and I have made it and made a new record, and we're damn proud of it. Please buy it if you like the songs.

So I leave in a few hours, writing this as I drink black coffee because we are out of milk. I am certainly going to miss Amsterdam, as I am gone minus 10 days until Sep 23, and I'm away much of October as well. But this is life, as 2007 is the year on the road it seems, and I am growing considerably because of it.. Or at least I think so. I will be back for a few days next week in time to see Bright Eyes at the Melkweg on July 11. I love Bright Eyes.

Oh, Happy Birthday Matt, Renee and everyone else I love. till next time..

No comments: