Friday, July 20, 2007

Faroe Islands...

Well, here is my blog entry before I head off and grab some dinner. The Faroe Islands are fantastic. Arguably one of the nicest and most postcardy places I have ever been. In addition, the people here are beyond wonderful. They put Rich and I up in a family home in Gota, the village that has essentially become a music festival for the weekend. They just invited us in, gave us beds, food, free Faroese beer, everything. It truly has been an amazing experience. I can't really write that much because I am so busy, but a full report will happen. Truly, these people are amazing.. everyone talks to us, everyone.. and they are absolutely wonderful. Plus this place looks like and presumably is paradise.. they have grass roofs. Plus this morning I went on a 6 hour tour of the Islands sponsored by the government, which took us on a ninety minute boat ride to the capitol, Torshavn, and then on to meet members of parliament, see a performance of Faroese music and all sorts of other shit. I am exhausted, drunk and glee. I miss Alice. But I am in paradise. The food sucks though.

No comments: