My 150th Post,
that is a lot. Seriously; think that I have updated this useless piece of interweb 150 times. It makes me gasp, to be honest. Well, I am sitting here at my home in Amsterdam, at 3AM, slightly intoxicated and wondering why I am updating this thing. Today I was biking to a friend's party and there was a couple walking directly in the middle of the bike lane. I rang my bell a few times, and then whilst biking around them, I yelled 'it's a bike lane, idiots' in a sarcastic tone. I didn't realize how much of an asshole I've become at times when riding my bike in Amsterdam, and this experience reminded me of that. Wow, I could have been polite, but no; I was not pragmatic, I did not assume they came from a different culture (like me a while back) and didn't now. I just yelled at them. I'm a dick. I'm guessing my friend Eamon would have done the same when living in Holland, and he is not a dick, so it makes me feel better.
Major changes in my life coming up in the next few weeks. I am torn between accepting something that is right for all the wrong reasons, and figuring how how to make it right despite the reasons. I am also going home on TUES for a week, for the Alli's Journey concert, a big gala in honour of my sister, the light of my life. Furthermore, other things are happening, but they will remain clandestine until I figure them out more. This summmer is looking to be extremely entertaining in some respects, and boring in others. I'm looking to save money, work on my thesis and stay in Amsterdam. sounds like a party.
Queens Day is one MON. If you haven't heard of it, here. It's gonna be a PAR-TAY.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment