Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Been a While..


I am sorry that I haven't updated in a while, if anyone even reads these useless ramblings in the first place. I had an eventful weekend in Amsterdam, both in the positive and negative sense. My family came for a visit, which is beyond rare, and we had a lovely time traversing Amsterdam and parts of the Netherlands, as one day we rented a car and went to the sea, Delft, Marken, and other tourist hotspots. Even made it to Keukenhof, which is a massive flower garden in Lisse, Holland. It wasn't cheap, but it is a must for anyone who likes flowers and tourists.

On a sad note, my grandmother, an amazing woman of ninety years, is currently on life support and not looking positive. She has led a storied life and has fought back from death a few times, but this time does not look positive. She is my last living grandparent, and I will be going home for the funeral, if one occurs shortly. Yet, I have to be back in Holland by the weekend, so if she loses the battle, I'll be flying 8 hours each way for a 48 hours visit. Life sucks sometimes, as my brother wrote on his blog.

Saying that, all is as good as it can be. My mom is on a flight home to Canada after loving Amsterdam, and I am catching up on a ton of work. Kae Sun is going back on the road shortly, and we're slowly preparing for that. I can't wait to see K, Steve, Mike, Paul and Fraser again.. oh, and Kojo of course. Love Kojo.

be happy.

Shain

1 comment:

Kelly Morton said...

Im sorry to hear about your Grandma. Im sending all my prayers and good thoughts to you and your family.

Much Luv X