Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Moving Day...

I did something today I thought I would never do. I moved house on a bike. Just me, and a bike.. one large duffel bag, one big box, a printer, knick-knacks, three knapsacks and 3 drums, on a bike. It wasn't an ordinary bike, however, it was a Bakfiets, a common bike in Amsterdam, but something that is so uniquely Amsterdam, uniquely Dutch, I feel like I have assimilated just that much more. Ook mijn nederlands sprecken nog ga ercht beter so I can really dive into this culture. I know my friend Renee will read this and point out the grammatical errors in the above, but I tried. Anywho, I biked a total of 15km today, as I had to make two trips (3km each) for a total of 12, plus hustle down to class and back home. It totals about 15km. My calves feel like steel and to be honest, I've never been in better shape in my life. I'm actually feeling somewhat self-confident about myself, as no more does running 40 metres wind me out. Now I can run at least a kilometre or two before I need a break. A picture of my moving vehicle is below. I'm going to Switzerland tomorrow to see my friend's Meghan, Farhad, Eamon, Nikki and Nat. Back on Monday and I'll update this along the way. Love ya.

1 comment:

Far said...

hey... hope you have a great time here. i might see you tomorrow if time permits, but i'm leaving for england at 8pm... i'll be back on sunday though so if mags hasn't partied you out, we can hang out then.

far.