Sunday, August 05, 2007

Post 184,

I oten hark back to yesteryear and marvel at how idealistic I was as a youth; It's not that I'm not youthful now, but when you help run two companies, adulthood strikes. It seems like said youthful and seemingly ignorant idealism has been replaced by pragmatism, as I don't feel idealistic anymore. That does not mean I don't have any ideals, not at all, but I feel to attain them, dreaming just doesn't cut it.

I feel this way because lately I've started to apply for real jobs, the first time I have ever had to do this. I am moving to London for work to make money and pay off student loans, and I need a real, somewhat organized job to do so. Dreaming about finding a job doesn't find one. And the submission process begins.

On another note, summer has finally arrived in Amsterdam, finally. It was sunny and thirty today. I went with my buddy Sander to the Kwakoe Festival in the Bijmer, which is the 'ghetto' of Amsterdam. It was great; tons of Surinamese culture, various African trinkets and food, lots of Dutch hip-hop, good fun indeed. Great way to spend a summer day, but I am procrastinating with work, as I sit here and type this blog.

Lastly, we found out today that our new album debuted at #19 on the CFMU Hamilton Charts, which is fantastic. Everyone is digging the album, and things are positive. Onward and upward with the struggle we go. till next time. I will continue to keep my head on the ground.

No comments: