The work never gets finished...
Ah, nope, it never does. But thankfully, the weather here has been bipolar for a few weeks now, making it easy to stay in and do work. I was supposed to go to a party yesterday, but standing at home at 11:30PM having been rained on 3 times already in the day made me stay home. I slept well. It's nice to sleep to the pitter-patter of rain.
Ten more days in Amsterdam before I am off on the road again. I'll be all over the place in July, I mean ALL over the place, and I'm not complaining. Shall be tiring though, and by months end will be yearning for my own bed and coffee pot. July 5 - 31 is the time I am away.
So apparently it is monsoon season here. Like literal mon-fucking-soon season. So it rains really, really hard, for fifteen minutes, then gets sunny and repeats the process several times a day until you've given up on predicting or beating the weather. Been fun.
The trials of my life the last week have revolved around my bike. My back tire cracked in half, like the metal part, and it needed to be replaced. Not to mention the €60 cost to do this, it has taken nearly a week for the place to fix it. I finally went in yesterday and demanded the bike, and they gave me a loaner - with no brakes or accelerating power. Biking home last night after seeing Ted Leo at the Paradiso was fun. It was pouring, I had one hand on the bike and the on an umbrella shielding myself, praying I didn't need to stop suddenly. It was more than fine.
So next week I'm seeing a bunch of shows. You Say Party, We Say Die! Joan as Policewoman and Dinosaur Jr., all in three days and all for reviews. DiS is putting me to work, which is good. Being the only 'employed' writer not based in the London office makes me feel a bit out of touch, so I want to write as much as possible.
Baseball tomorrow - if it doesn't rain.. again. fuck this weather.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment