Update...
I have a few minutes and I'm procrastinating as per usual, thereby refuting my New Years Resolution, but ah well. So, whilst procrastinating, I thought I'd update the blog. Let's start with Peterborough.
The show was great. The venue decided to make the show free, which is quite impressive for bands of our stature (Jimmy Swift Band and What The Thunder Said) so the bar was packed to capacity. Also, there was a ton of students, which just added to the party. Kids were dancing during our soundcheck, which was nice. I'm guessing they just need something to do in town, and we were it that night. We had a heck of a time getting there and back, as a misunderstanding between the band made us 2 hours late and a freak rainstorm made driving home tricky, but the response was worth it. We played for about 65 minutes, and I won't tell you the set as we have to play similar-ish sets each night because the collaboration was difficult enough to set up. It sounds fantastic, and it has been a treat playing with WTTS and K. They are all stand-up, professional cats and great guys, and what we are doing is truly unique. Combining hip-hop and progressive rock, with folk, jazz and electro. It's worth seeing.
I went to Ottawa this weekend for nero and to see Zach. Ottawa was the same as it always was, and hanging out with Zach was great. His house is filled with kind folks, and I seem to fit in as everyone is a sarcastic bastard, so we had fun. nero was also great. nero sounded like nero, spirited, loud and danceable, and seeing everyone from my past was great too. It was a big family reunion, more than anything.
Had a big show tomorrow in my hometown. The Toronto show. Shows till Saturday. Love Ya.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment