Sunday, April 20, 2008

Oh forgive me blog for I have sinned...

Seriously. I was away from the internet for a month, and to be honest, I've been way, way too busy as of late to keep this up. I feel terrible, because when I'm old and forgetful (moreso) I'll lose this part of my past because I didn't write anything down. Oh well.

This are fine on planet me. Life has become quite domesticated, as I'm not on a plane every three days anymore, jetting off to to somewhere for something or someone. I try to get to Amsterdam as much as possible, but lately that's once a month or so...

Best weekend of music though I'd like to quickly divulge. On FRI (two nights ago) I saw Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings at the Jazz Cafe. ACE! I met a girl who toured with Tony Allen and Dele Sosimi as a percussionist. I gave her my number to call for a chat but to no avail thus far. Oh well, I'd really love to jam with her.. she did play with one of my idols. Last night I saw The Budos Band and Antibalas at the Jazz Cafe again. Alice and Eamon preferred the Budos Band, and admittedly it was a weaker Antibalas show than usual, but it was still brilliant. 'Indictment' was ACE. Oh, and tonight, well, I'm seeing Bjork. At the Apollo. I'm a lucky duck.

I'll try and get back on the updates. Until then...

No comments: