Hey,
It has been a few days since I edited my blog. I'm busy figuring out my graduate school applications, and I really wish there was a search engine that honestly ranked schools per program on the basis of 5-10 categories. There are ones in specific countries, like Prospects
for the UK or Princeton Review for the US, but nothing that transcends countries, programs, faculties and most importantly, honesty.
I am getting so confused with the advice my advisors have been giving me. While extremely worthwhile and needed, I have been barraged with contradictory advice, telling me to go to completely different places and structure my applications differently for each one, for example. Why I will probably be laughing about it in the future when I end up in one of these institutions, it is tiresome and frustrating now, especially when my final year of University hangs over my head. Definitely a stressful time right now, I can tell you that; but things will work out.
Saw Bright Eyes w/Feist and The Magic Numbers last night in Buffalo, NY. It was fantastic. All three bands were mesmerizing, a true tour-de-force of pure, honest songwriting. Expect a JamBase review shortly. For now, check out my newly published review of a Ratdog show in Toronto.
I hope a few people are reading this, as I will continue to update it throughout my quest for higher education. Best-
Sanity Music: Perpetual Groove - 11.19.2005 -
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Nice to see that you're holding up.
The advice that seemed the most sagacious to me was to find a supervisor who you think you'll work best with, and the rest will come. It's nice to know that the institution you're going to be working within is prestigious, so I suppose that's the other consideration inherent to the process.
Happy schooling!!!!
Post a Comment